Happy December everyone! The holiday season is in full swing, but that doesn’t mean that your diet should go down the drain. I know how hard it is to fight temptations during the month of December, especially with all the Christmas dinners and holiday treats. I believe that if you’re not dieting down for a competition or anything serious, then you should give yourself a bit of a break and enjoy the festivities! I’m excited to share a holiday recipe that was given to me on behalf of SuperHuman Strength that will satisfy your cravings without falling off track. How does high protein apple crumble sound?!
I have previously reviewed the SuperHuman Strength Pure. Vegan protein and raved about how delicious and beneficial it is. I highly recommend using the SuperHuman Strength Pure. Vegan protein because it features a well-balanced amino acid profile with a high content of lysine, arginine, and branched-chain amino acids to help maintain body mass and reduce body fat.
Enjoy the recipe!
HIGH PROTEIN APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE
Prep: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups Lakanto (Monk Fruit Sweetener looks, tastes, & works like sugar) OR a natural sweetener of your choice like pure maple syrup
- 1 cup 12 grain flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) chilled unsalted grass-fed butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 pounds large apples, peeled, halved, cored, each half cut into 6 slices
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 scoop SuperHuman Pure Whey or Pure Vegan
- Parchment paper
1. Topping: Mix oats, 1 cup Lakanto, and flour in a bowl. Add butter; rub in with fingertips until topping comes together in moist clumps. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover, chill.)
2. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking dish with parchment paper. Mix apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, 1/2 cup Lakanto and Super Human Pure in a bowl. Transfer to dish. Sprinkle topping over.
3. Bake crumble until apples are tender and topping is brown and crisp, about 55 minutes. Cool slightly. Spoon warm crumble into bowls. Enjoy!
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think! Who said that you can’t stay on track during the holidays? 😉